Cloud technologies are necessary to transform data stored physically into digital resources stored on the cloud. There are different cloud technologies like private, public, and hybrid cloud on digital systems to store your information and keep it secured. Private cloud is one of the cloud technologies that is restricted to the end-user and is within a user’s firewall. Before, private cloud systems use to run on-premise; nowadays, they have been rented and maintained in data centres located off-premise. You will come to know more about vdi further below.
How Does Private Cloud Works?
Private cloud works in a manner that an organization that is using it cannot share its resources with other users. The private cloud resources can be either managed in the organization or handled in some data centre that is located offsite. Private cloud works using virtualization software. Private clouds, like other cloud technologies, require an operating system to function properly. The working of any cloud technology depends on how the container software and virtualization tool is used in them. The main characteristic of private cloud’s working is to handle cloud infrastructure that lies underlying directly. You will come to know about different types of private clouds further below.
Kinds Of Private Clouds
The types of private clouds, depending upon the way they are managed and hosted, are
- Virtual private cloud- This environment exists within a public cloud that permits organizations to perform their work in isolation from other companies. Other organizations can share the server, but the computing resources are kept private using the virtual private cloud.
- Hosted private cloud- In this cloud service, the servers cannot be accessed by other organizations. Thus, both the computing resources and the servers are kept private in the hosted private cloud environment.
- Managed- It is like a hosted environment where the provider needs to manage each aspect of the managed cloud for the company. Additional services of identity management and storage are also deployed in it.
Based on the kind of infrastructure provide by private cloud vendors, these services can be
- Software only- In this, only the software is provided to run the private cloud environment, which operates on the already existing hardware.
- Software and hardware- In this, both software and hardware are sold by private cloud vendors in a single package.
Thus, private cloud solutions are required to keep the systems secured and private.